Let’s talk about that money! That’s right: mula, dinero, feza, duckets, loot, greenbacks, chedda, whateva! As Rita Davenport said, money isn’t the most important thing, but it’s right there next to oxygen on the “gotta have it” scale. and as the great philosopher Yeezus said, “Having money isn’t everything. Not having it is.” OK this […]
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud devR contributed a whooping 37 entries.
Entries by devR
I entered my senior year at Boston Latin School (BLS) with a spirit of triumph. I felt like I finally made it. In earnest, I was on the extended plan, having repeated my seventh grade year. BLS was every bit the challenge I was told it would be by then Headmaster Michael Contompasis who said […]
The end of the year is upon us and what do you know? You’re still here. Despite all of the many tragedies we see in the world today, you still woke up today, blessed to breathe a new day. Have you ever stopped to really ponder what that means? What better time than now to […]
It is beyond an understatement to say that we are living in very dangerous times. It seems as though every time we turn on the television, there is another story on some hot button issue from mass shootings to police/civilian interactions. From racism, anti-Semitism, and islamophobia, to immigration, education, and terrorism, it is very easy […]
Weekend mornings in my house are family time. Our 2 daughters, ages 9 & 7, run around making breakfast themselves or helping my wife and I with meal preparation, while my 1-year old son looks for new ways to climb up on (or eat) anything in sight. Though our morning engagements can sometimes be brief, […]
I remember wanting to publish my first book back in 2004. I called publishers. Some never called back and some said they did not publish poetry. I saw all the beautiful books in Barnes & Noble and Borders (remember Borders?) and desperately wanted to have my name on those shelves. I became increasingly frustrated until […]
Today I want to talk about completion. Les Brown said that in order to become someone you have never been, you have to be willing to do things you have never done. Completing my dissertation was a challenge unlike nothing else I have ever done and I have emerged from it a stronger person. The […]
- 3 & 1/2 ways private & wealthier public schools can attract black teachers
- Beyond Kaepernick and Kneeling: Why JAY Z’s NFL Deal Could be Good for the Black Community
- Workplace Issues Under Trump? Here are 3 ways To Handle It!
- The Case For Impeachment (Lyrics)
- JAY Z Is A Billionaire. What Will Black Boys In YOUR School TODAY Be Tomorrow?
- G.R.O.W. Towards Your Greatness!
- Melania Trump’s Be Best program is a farce for marginalized youth
- Educators Weaponizing Authority: Jabari Talbot Arrest and the School to Prison Pipeline
- A freestyle rhyme on #timesup, #blacklivesmatter, #metoo, water, and more!